Friday 7 October 2016

Self Love, why you need to 'Love yo'self'



This is a different kind of post to what normally appears here on 'rachalesmode'. It's not a post  that I had planned on doing, but it is something that has been on my mind, and sitting here at my laptop  I feel that I need to share it.

In this crazy, busy world where there is so much going on it can be a little overwhelming trying to balance it all. College work, a part time job relationships, friendships and a million and one other responsibilities and pressures can sometimes get in the way of you focusing on you and doing what you love. The past month has been a real eye opener for me, there have been some changes in my life and although at the time I  thought that one of those changes was the worst thing in the world, it was actually the best thing that could have happened. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, if something doesn't work out it's because the universe has bigger plans for you, it's not the end of the world, it's just the end of an idea that you had.

The thing about self-love is knowing your worth. Something I've noticed is that I spend so much time trying to make everyone else happy that sometimes I forget that my happiness should be the number one priority. The bottom line is, love with all your heart, but love yourself first, because nobody deserves your love more than you do. When you're in your early twenties it's the time to try new things, to take the chance, to go on the adventure and to take the risk. It's the time to say 'I can't believe I did that' rather than 'I wish I had done that'.

So from me to me and to anyone else who needs to hear this; when life gets crazy take a step back, put it in perspective, see how you can deal with it and just do what makes you happy. The rest will sort itself out. So I'm dedicating this post to self love. It doesn't mean your selfish, it doesn't mean you don't care about other people, it means that you value yourself, and I can't think of anything more important than that. Take the risk, go on the adventure, make the mistake and live in the moment, because at the end of the day that's what life is about, and you only have one chance to live it.
With love 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Nice write up.
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It is such an inspirational post and so true! We often get caught up in things that life throw at us and forget to take care of ourselves first. "You can't pour from an empty cup" xx

    http://tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! So glad you enjoyed it and love the quote, your absolutely right! x

      Delete
  3. Still reading this everyday since it went up ������ Xx

    ReplyDelete

© Rachael's Mode . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig